The Special Service Area 61 EAV (equalized assessed value) for 2022 has increased from below 5% in 2021 to 8% for 2022. This increase in expected SSA revenue is due to increased property values in the footprint, NOT an increase in our levy, which remains at 0.65%.
The City of Chicago requires commissions with an EAV increase over 8% to hold an open community meeting to review the budget. SSA61 has scheduled a community meeting at 6:30 pm on October 26, prior to the next monthly commissioners meeting.
Special Service Area #61 Hyde Park
Community Meeting Agenda
6:30 pm Tuesday, 10/26/2021
- Overview of the SSA 61
- Purpose of This Meeting: 8% Increase in EAV
- Review of Accomplishments in 2021
- Presentation of 2022 Budget (Summary)
- Ongoing maintenance and infrastructure improvements
- Goals for 2022 (place-making, public art, branding, marketing)
- Possible special events (Shop Local, Holly Days, 4th of July)
- Questions and Comments