6 Things You Should Know about Special Service Area #61 Hyde Park and Downtown Hyde Park Chicago. Six Facts! #IYKYK
1. Established in January 2014, Special Service Area #61 is one of more than 50 active SSAs designated by City of Chicago.
2. The brand Downtown Hyde Park Chicago was launched June 9, 2015 as a physical and virtual destination of more than 400 businesses inviting you to buy services, shop, eat, bank, live, play, and stay.
3. SSA61 is only a small section of the Hyde Park business district. The service area includes about 9 blocks of 53rd street and 5 blocks of 55th Street connected by less than 1/2 a mile of Lake Park Avenue. VIEW MAP
4. The SSA is funded by a tax levy on commercial property owners located in the SSA footprint.
5. SSA funding supports 7 categories of special services.
6. SSA61 Commissioners meet virtually or in-person about 10 times per year. Meetings are open to the public.
IF YOU KNOW YOU KNOW.
South East Chicago Commission is the non-profit service provider for Special Service Area #61 Hyde Park. (SSA61)
Comments are closed.